The Polish Sailor's House

The design of the house was the effect of an architectonic competition which was won by Bohdan Damięcki and Tadeusz Sieczkowski in 1936. It refers to vessel stylistics. It wasn't finished before the war and was the premises of the National Center of Maritime Education since 1946 and the National Maritime Fishery School since 1951. In 1968 the building was taken over by the navigational faculty of the National Maritime School which was renamed Maritime Academy in 2001.

A+  A-